DJ’ing is tough at the best of times. If you’ve been asked to pull together a playlist for a corporate event, you may be wondering which songs are appropriate. One of the main considerations for planning your nyc corporate event is choosing your music. Choosing music that is suitable for a corporate event and still upbeat and ‘fun’ can be a little intimidating. Here are some tips on creating a playlist that fits the tone and style of your event, along with some specific song ideas to get you well on your way.
First and foremost, try to keep your music PG-rated. Even though the event’s guest list will probably be made up of adults only, explicit songs will likely make some of the guests uncomfortable. Because it’s a corporate environment, the language in the songs should be somewhat professional.
Every corporate event is different. Depending on the purpose of your event, you’ll probably want to set a specific mood. For instance, if you’re throwing an internal team building event, you’ll probably want a playlist with upbeat, friendly songs that set a positive productive mood. Or, if you’re holding an event to introduce your products to new clients, set a mood that reflects the aesthetic and vibe of your brand.
In addition to setting a mood, you should also think about matching the general tone of the event. For instance, if your event is an evening gala, you’ll want to choose a classy playlist filled with retro party tunes. Or, for an afternoon lunchtime event, opt for peppy, sunny pop music.
Unless you have a specific reason to stick with one genre of music, be sure to mix it up by playing a wide range of genres. Here are some good genres to try that everyone will love:
● Classic Country ● Indie rock and indie pop ● 80s retro pop ● Sunny contemporary pop ● Upbeat alternative ● 1940s classics ● 1960s rock n’ roll
A great way to set a good mood at the event is to include a few classics that most people probably know. This can create a communal, friendly atmosphere where people feel relaxed.
Here are some appropriate songs that lots of people will recognize:
● “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
● “Happy” by Pharell Williams
● “Send Me On Your Way” by Rusted Root
● “Come Fly with Me” by Frank Sinatra
● “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
● “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder
● “1,2,3,4” by Feist
● “You’ve Got the Love” by Florence + The Machine
● “Viva la Vida” by Coldplay
● “Under Pressure” by David Bowie
● “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
● “Eye Of The Tiger” by Survivor ● “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars ● “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen ● “All Star” by Smash Mouth ● “All Night Long” by Stevie Wonder
Once you’ve got your playlist sorted out, you’ll need to find a great venue to actually hold the event! Here at Tribeca Rooftop+360°, we offer exceptional event space for corporate events. With our amazing in-house sound system and stage, you’ll be able to play your tunes all night long and set the perfect mood for your next event. To contact us and start planning, please visit us here.